- 7th Street Grade Separation West Segment (7SGSW): Realign and grade separate the intersection of 7th Street and Maritime Street and construct a rail spur underneath to improve the access and minimize conflicts between rail, vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- 7th Street Grade Separation East Segment (7SGSE): Replace existing railroad underpass between I-880 and Maritime Street to increase clearance for trucks and improve shared pedestrian/bicycle pathway.
- Freight Intelligent Transportation Systems (FITS) and Technology Master Plan: Apply ITS, signal systems along W. Grand Avenue, Maritime Street, 7th Street, and Middle Harbor Road, and other technologies to costeffectively manage truck arrivals and improve incident response.
- Congestion relief: Upgrade technology and infrastructure to minimize and manage truck wait times, manage truck congestion, and improve traffic circulation
- Efficiency: Improve Port and Rail Yard efficiencies, intermodal yard connectivity, and expand near-dock use of rail and intermodal facilities
- Sustainability: Reconstruct Bay Trail segment on 7th Street and Maritime Street and reduce emissions/carbon footprint
- Economic stimulation: Reduce shipping costs, improve Port competitiveness and create jobs
Public MeetingFreight Intelligent Transportation System Projects
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Alameda County Transportation Commission Office
1111 Broadway, Suite 800
Oakland, CA 94607 See the meeting flyer for more information on this project meeting.