- 7th Street Grade Separation West Segment (7SGSW): Realign and grade separate the intersection of 7th Street and Maritime Street and construct a rail spur underneath to improve the access and minimize conflicts between rail, vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- 7th Street Grade Separation East Segment (7SGSE): Replace existing railroad underpass between I-880 and Maritime Street to increase clearance for trucks and improve shared pedestrian/bicycle pathway.
- Freight Intelligent Transportation Systems (FITS) and Technology Master Plan: Apply ITS, signal systems along W. Grand Avenue, Maritime Street, 7th Street and Middle Harbor Road, and other technologies to costeffectively manage truck arrivals and improve incident response.
- Congestion relief: Upgrade technology and infrastructure to minimize and manage truck wait times, manage truck congestion, and improve traffic circulation
- Efficiency: Improve Port and Rail Yard efficiencies, intermodal yard connectivity, and expand near-dock use of rail and intermodal facilities
- Sustainability: Reconstruct Bay Trail segment on 7th Street and Maritime Street and reduce emissions/carbon footprint
- Economic stimulation: Reduce shipping costs, improve Port competitiveness and create jobs
Project Information Meeting7th Street Grade Separation East Project
New Meeting Date and Venue (Updated Marcch 18, 2020)
Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 1-3 p.m.
- Meeting Flyer (Updated March 18, 2020)
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Alameda County Transportation Commission Office
1111 Broadway, Suite 800 Oakland, CA 94607