This project will provide an improved link between I-880 and Route 238 (Mission Boulevard) in the cities of Fremont and Union City. Alameda CTC is leading the project development efforts in cooperation with the cities of Fremont and Union City. Design activities are underway.
Implementation of this project was transferred from Alameda CTC to the City of Union City in March 2018. For detailed project information, go to the City of Union City project webpage.
This project is currently being implemented by the City of Union City . For detailed project information, go to the City of Union City project webpage.
Mitigation Monitoring Committee (MMC)
The MMC is a six-member committee consisting of three citizen representatives from the City of Fremont, and three citizen representatives from the City of Union City. The MMC’s charter is to monitor the implementation of project mitigations in accordance with the East-West Connector Project Mitigation Monitoring Plan (MMP) as approved by ACTIA (formerly ACTA) on 6/25/2009, and to communicate the results of said monitoring efforts to the City of Fremont, the City of Union City and ACTIA. The MMC meets on a quarterly basis at alternating locations in Fremont and Union City.MMC Documentation General:
- MMC Framework
- MMC Rules of Conduct
- MMC Roster June 2016
- MMC Roster July 2011
- Mitigation Monitoring Plan
- Summary of Mitigation Measures
- Summary (pending)
Final Environmental Impact Report for the East-West Connector Project
Notice of Availability: The Alameda County Transportation Authority (ACTA) prepared the Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the East-West Connector Project to evaluate the potential environmental impacts of implementing the project.
- Final Environmental Impact Report – Volume 1: Revised Draft EIR
- Final Environmental Impact Report – Volume 2: Comments on the Draft EIR and Responses to Comments
- Appendix A Memorandum of Understanding
- Appendix B Notice of Preparation and Responses
- Appendix C Distribution List for the Draft Environmental Impact Report
- Appendix D List of Preparers
- Appendix E Detailed Analysis of Alternative 1: Historic Alignment in Union City
- Appendix F Visual Impact Analysis for the East-West Connector Project
- Appendix G Air Quality CALINE4 and EMFAC2007 Modeling Results
- Appendix H Wetland Delineation for the East-West Connector Project
- Appendix I Draft Hydrology and Hydraulics Study Report for the East-West Connector Project
- Appendix J Cultural Resources Inventory and Evaluation of the East-West Connector Project, Alameda County, California
- Appendix K Geologic and Seismic Report, East West Connector Between I-880 and Mission Boulevard (SR 238)
- Appendix L Phase I Environmental Site Assessment, Proposed I-880 to 238 East-West Connector
- Appendix M Draft Water Quality Study Report for the East-West Connector Project
- Appendix N Noise Technical Report for the East-West Connector Project
- Appendix O Vibration Technical Report for the East-West Connector Project
- Appendix P Technical Memorandum, Existing Conditions Intersection Level of Service Analysis Results
- Appendix Q Technical Memorandum, I-880-SR 238 East-West Connector Traffic Forecasts