The Local Business Contract Equity (LBCE) Program encourages business to locate and remain in Alameda County, to employ residents of Alameda County and to spend Measure B funds for goods and services with local Alameda County businesses. In 2000, Alameda County voters approved the Measure B half-cent sales tax on retail sales made within the county. These revenues are exclusively directed toward improving the transit and transportation systems within the county.
Small and local businesses not only provide economic and social vitality to our communities, they also help accomplish Alameda CTC’s purchasing objectives. The LBCE Program benefits Local Business Enterprise (LBE), Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) and Very Small Local Business Enterprise (VSLBE) businesses.
This program applies to contracts funded solely by Measure B funds or a combination of Measure B and local funds. Contracts that include state and federal funds must adhere to state and federal requirements.
The LBCE team implements focused outreach to enable businesses who wish to do business with us equal access when competing for opportunities as contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and providers of goods and services.
- Local Business Contract Equity (LBCE) Program (December 7, 2017)
Alameda CTC is an active member of the East Bay Interagency Alliance (EBIA). Members of EBIA include Alameda CTC, Alameda County, City of Oakland, and Port of Oakland. These agencies have developed and utilize the EBIA Common Application, as well as supplemental forms specific to each agency.
- EBIA Common Certification Application Overview (pdf)
- EBIA Common Certification Application (pdf)
- EBIA Common Re-certification Application (pdf)
- Certification Standards for LBCE Program – Supplemental B (pdf)
- Certification Checklist (pdf)
- IRS Forms and Instructions (e.g., see Form 4506-T)(URL)
Alameda CTC updates and publishes a list of local businesses currently certified on the 15th day of each month.
- Certified Firms – January 2019 (Revised January 2, 2019)
SPONSOR AGENCY DOCUMENTS
A Sponsor Agency is any public entity receiving Measure B, Measure BB, VRF, and/or other local funds from Alameda CTC to implement projects. Please refer to LBCE Program Appendix B for Responsibilities of Sponsor Agencies.
The LBCE documents below for Sponsor Agency use are provided in PDF format, and the corresponding Word versions, if available, are provided in DOC format. Any questions regarding these forms and their use should be directed to the Alameda CTC staff serving as your point of contact. If you find any errors, please contact E.W. Cheng at email@example.com.
- Exhibit A1 – Procurement Process: Professional Services(PDF)
- Exhibit A2 – Compliance Language: Professional Services(PDF) (DOC)
- Exhibit B1 – Procurement Process: Construction(PDF)
- Exhibit B2 – Compliance Language: Construction(PDF) (DOC)
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Senior Administrative Analyst
1111 Broadway, Suite 800
Oakland CA 94607
For procurement and contracting forms, visit Contracting Forms.