The I-680 Express Lanes from SR-84 to Alcosta Boulevard Project will close the gap between existing and in-progress high-occupancy vehicle (HOV)/express lane projects directly to the north and south. The project extends for approximately 9 miles on northbound and southbound I-680 through Sunol, Pleasanton, Dublin and San Ramon.
Project benefits include:
- Increased efficiency of the transportation system between SR-84 and Alcosta Boulevard to accommodate current and future traffic demand
- Improved travel time and travel reliability for all users, including HOV and transit users
- Optimized freeway system management and traffic operations
The Draft Environmental Document (DED) was released for public review from May 29, 2020 to June 30, 2020. Caltrans addressed the comments received during the public review period, and signed the Final Environmental Document (FED) and the Project Report, marking the completion of the project approval and environmental documentation (PA&ED) phase. The project is currently in the final design and right-of-way acquisition phase.
For additional information on this phase of the project and the virtual public meeting that took place on June 18th, please visit the Public Meetings tab.
Your thoughts on this project are important to us. The public comment period for the DED ended on June 30, 2020; however, questions may be submitted by email to ALA680expresslanes@dot.ca.gov or by phone to Brian Gassner, 510-286-6025 (voice).
Open House (Virtual)Thursday, June 18, 2020, 6:00 p.m. (PST)
(Updated July 20, 2020)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in an effort to protect public health, the open house on June 18, 2020 was held virtually. The event began with a presentation providing an overview of the project and the environmental process, followed by a question and answer session where attendees were able to submit questions via online chat. To hear the recorded virtual open house presentation, click here.
The posters and presentation below are designed to provide an overview of the information in the draft environmental document. For more details, please see the full Draft Environmental Document (DED) and Final Environmental Document (FED).
- Frequently Asked Questions
- DED Summary
- Preliminary Design Exhibits
- HOV/Express Lanes Network
- How Project Will Alleviate Traffic
- Traffic With and Without the Project
- Project Map With Key View Locations
- Key View Locations: Before and After
- Noise Receptor Locations and Sound Walls Studied
- Presentation (self-guided)
- Virtual Open House Q&A Summary
The public comment period for the DED ended on June 30, 2020; however, questions may be submitted by email to ALA680expresslanes@dot.ca.gov or by phone to Brian Gassner, 510-286-6025 (voice).