Alameda CTC encourages bicycling through promotional efforts and has collaborated on the county’s annual Bike to Work Day and Bike to School Day events, held in May of each year, by contributing funding to and co-managing a visual promotion that encourages bicycling in Alameda County.
Alameda CTC’s Annual I Bike Visual Promotion
The 2016 bike visual promotion was built off of the feedback and success of the past two years. The I Bike visual promotion, promotes bicycling as a safe and healthy transportation and commute choice. It includes ads showing bicyclists riding for a variety of trip purposes – work, shopping, health, and quality of life, including access to transit. Since 2008, Alameda CTC has collaborated with Bike East Bay to develop and run ads from mid-April through May to correspond with the annual Bike to Work Day events. In 2016, the ads appear on buses, bus shelters, BART stations and ACE trains throughout the county.
I Bike Visual Promotion over the years:
- 2017 I Bike!
- 2016 I Bike!
- 2015 I Bike!
- 2014 I Bike!
- 2013 Ride into Life!
- 2012 Ride into Life!
- 2011 Ride into Life!
- 2010 GET ROLLING:
- 2009 GET ROLLING
- 2008 GET ROLLING
Bike to Work Day Assessment
Over the course of two years, from 2010 through 2011, the Alameda CTC evaluated the effectiveness of the Bike to Work Day program and advertising campaign at encouraging people to not only bicycle to work, but to bicycle more in general. The final report was published in February 2012.
- Appendix A: Questionnaires with Overall Survey Results
- Appendix B: 2010 Web Survey Ad Images
- Appendix C1: 2010 Report Summary Deck
- Appendix C2: 2010 Targeting Deck
- Appendix C3: 2010 and 2011 Research
- Appendix C4: 2011 Report Summary Deck
- Appendix C5: Response to Questions on the Report
- Appendix D1: 2010 Phone Survey Crosstabulations
- Appendix D2: 2010 Web Survey Crosstabulations
- Appendix D3: 2011 Phone Survey Crosstabulations
- Appendix D4: 2011 Web Survey Crosstabulations
- Appendix E: Survey of Existing Bike to Work Day Programs