A lot of great online resources can help you get started on walking more, including tools to track the distance you walk, health information and even tips on how to find the right pair of shoes.
Walking Tools – Steps Count
- Every Body Walk, an online campaign and free walking app to get Americans walking. Allows users to personalize walking plans, discover walking paths, find walking groups and more.
- On-line Walking Tracker – American Heart Association
- Walk Score – Calculate the walkability of your neighborhood.
- Target Heart Rate Calculator – Calculate your target heart rate for a safe and effective workout.
- Calorie Calculator – Estimate the number of daily calories your body needs to maintain your current weight.
Walking Tips – Ready Set Go
Walking is the most basic form of transportation. Below are tips you can learn to improve your safety and prevent injuries, so that walking can be a lifelong form of transportation and exercise.