Maps and Self-Guided Walks
Explore Alameda County and beyond on a self-guided walk. There are many great walking routes, paths and self-guided tours around Alameda County and the San Francisco Bay Area. Find a walk that interests you and start exploring today!
- Find a nearby trail at TrailLink.com
- East Bay Municipal Utility District Trails
- East Bay Regional Park District Trail Maps
- Iron Horse Trail Map
- Berkeley Bicycling and Walking maps and guides
- Plot any walk with just a few clicks on MapMyWalk.com
- Grow Your Oakland has several urban self-guided walks
Find a walking group near you, and you’ll have a regular time and place to walk. Create your own walking group with a walking buddy and support each other’s commitment to walk regularly.
- Lake Merritt Joggers & Striders
- Walking groups for seniors in Oakland and Berkeley, organized by USOAC
- Walk this Way Walking Groups – City of Fremont Senior Center (510-790-6600)
- Meetup.com Walking Groups – Use this site to find or start walking groups near you.
- MapMyWalk.com – You can find or start local walking groups (and routes) on this site, too.
Organized Walks and Runs
Community walking events include scheduled nature hikes, cultural walks, fun runs and walks, fundraiser walks and other community outings. Here are just a few to get you started.
- Art Walk Livermore (October each year)
- Oakland Art Murmur (First Friday of each month)
- Oakland Running Festival (Usually in March every year)
- East Bay Regional Park District hosts walks throughout their park system.
- Greenbelt Alliance leads walks around the Bay Area.
- Sierra Club has walking events around the region.
Bay Area Walking Event Highlights
- Bay Area Start! Heart Walks (September each year)
- San Francisco Walking Tours
- San Francisco Sunday Streets
Listings of Walking and Running Events