As part of implementing the One Bay Area Grant (OBAG) Program, Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC) has developed a Priority Development Area (PDA) Investment and Growth Strategy (IGS) that includes a strategy for prioritizing OBAG Cycle 2 transportation funds in a way that supports and encourages development in the region’s PDAs. It includes the following elements:
- Overview of Alameda County’s 46 PDAs.
- Update on PDA development in Alameda County.
- Engagement and outreach activities.
- Update on housing policies and current and future activities to support PDA development.
- Selection process for funding PDA-supportive transportation programs and projects, and Alameda CTC’s OBAG 2 funding priorities.
The Commission adopted the 2017 Alameda County PDA IGS in May 2017 as required by Metropolitan Transportation Commission Resolution 4202.
The Commission adopted the first Alameda County PDA IGS in March 2013 and approved the 2014 update in September 2014. The update in May 2015 was required by Metropolitan Transportation Commission Resolution 4035.