Ride into Life!
Ride into a healthier you! Consider hopping on your bicycle for trips to the store, to your friend’s house, to transit, work or school. Bicycling is low-cost and non-polluting. More than that, it’s a healthy, fun way to start and end your day. When time is of essence, bicycling to your destination helps you achieve your daily dose of heart-healthy exercise and reduce your stress.
May is Bike Month
We're encouraging everybody to bike this May! Whether you're a regular bicyclist, just starting to think about biking, a mom who wants to bike with her kids to school, a college student, or a senior, here are some fun and practical resources you can put to use in May and beyond:
Alameda CTC Plans, Programs and Resources
- Ride into Life Ad Campaign: Check out the Alameda CTC and EBBC’s advertising campaign to promote bicycling in Alameda County. Alameda CTC thanks all of the partners in this effort for their support in sponsoring the Ride into Life Campaign:
- Kaiser Permanente
- East Bay Bicycle Coalition
- Countywide Bicycle Plan (2012): The recently adopted Alameda Countywide Bicycle Plan describes the state of biking in Alameda County and establishes a vision for a more bikable county. It guides countywide funding policy and program decisions by establishing the countywide priorities for bicycle capital projects and programs, and a set of implementation actions.
- Local bicycle master plans: Almost all cities in Alameda County have a local Bicycle Plan. Learn about the status of the plan in your city.
- Alameda CTC’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Program: Learn more about our planning efforts, funding for bicycle and pedestrian improvements, the Countywide Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, and more.